Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bug Report Submitted to Echo Bazaar

Good evening wise person(s) of technological predisposition,

It is with some concern that I encountered the following bug this evening, or should I say morning. The time, as recorded on the brass clock dangling by a thread above my fireplace mantel (because time is precious and frail) read 1:20 AM at the time of the incident. At your website's behest I have dutifully included all the particulars of my activity when the error occurred. I was, first of all, sipping a vintage Caol Ila that I had but moments before decanted, and was savoring its oaken aroma by the fire, when I began to detect an abominable scuttling noise emerging from my computer. I went to investigate, but was distracted by the unmistakable sloshing outside my window of a menagerie of drowned folk, risen in the New Moon's light from their watery interment to search, somnambulate, for their lost loves. I was not moved by their plight, as I normally am, because in that very instant a terrible hissing came from behind me. I turned in horror, and saw the poisonous thread filaments of a blight-widow spider hurtling towards me. I ducked just in time to evade the dreaded silk, each line of which is tipped with the face of a wailing soul trapped forever in the blight spider's abdomen. I always keep a loaded pistol on my mantel, and not one to disappoint Chekhov, I fired it directly into the horrible, gaping mouth of the monstrous arachnid. It did not die, because nothing can kill a blight-widow, but it withered into a wisp of wight-breath, and vanished through the spaces between molecules of air. I don't know wither it went, but with trembling hands I produced this bug report, and in good faith I hope at least one of your enviable colleagues will be able to resolve the matter.

1 comment:

Terence Golgatha said...

So that's why you wanted to write about tea. You have an infuser, don't you?